Skip to content
- What is Bellafill?
- Bellafill is an FDA-approved dermal filler for permanent implantation into the skin for the correction of nasolabial folds, or smile lines.
- Bellafill is a non-resorbable dermal filler, unlike many other dermal fillers that are absorbed and require reinjection.
- Bellafill is also approved for the correction of moderate to severe facial acne scars on the cheeks in patients over the age of 21 years.
- Bellafill is a combination of microsphere enhanced bovine collagen with the local anesthetic lidocaine. The microspheres are produced from a synthetic implant material called polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) in accordance with FDA and USDA guidelines and are roughly 30 to 50 microns in size, barely visible to the naked eye. An allergy skin test is required prior to first use.
- Bellafill should only be administered under the supervision of a licensed practitioner.